A dog found a big choc’late kiss
That’s toxic to dogs; despite this,
The dog, he survived,
Besides which, he thrived,
And didn’t regret choc’late bliss.
© Susan Joy Clark 2021
I sometimes hear stories from dog owners that their dogs survive with little ill effect after eating something which is toxic for dogs. Even so, be very careful to protect your dog from eating things that will harm him. If you’re in this situation, call your vet.
This was written for Esther Chilton’s Laugh Along a Limerick challenge, using the word “bliss.” I thought I’d join in, although I may be a little late to the party.